Self-discipline is the ability to control yourself and make yourself work hard or behave in a particular way without needing anyone else to tell you what to do.
1. Acknowledge your weakness: You need to first acknowledge that there is an issue, it could be an habit or addiction.
2. Set realistic plans: You can’t choose to be self disciplined by mouth, you have to work it out and it requires hardwork. Set out plans on how you want to overcome the habit or addiction. Example: Stay off social media for 6 hours.
3. Resist the temptation when it comes: yours could be that you don’t want to buy on credit again. This means that when anyone tells you to take something and pay later, resist the urge to take it and move on. A decision on not taking Soda for a month requires commitment.
4. Focus on long time effects: Always remember the long term result of what you are doing now: focus on the positive results you would be getting from being self disciplined. Don’t think short term, think long term.
5. Have accountability partners: it would be a good idea if you have someone you are accountable to. This person is able to monitor your progress. This will increase self discipline
Don’t forget to try out these steps today,remember it’s a gradual process. Give it time.